RE: [transquery-discuss] An analogy

From: Bryan Rasmussen (bry@itnisk.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 10:55:43 CET

My gut feeling is it shouldn't be a new element, despite the other good
points as regards processsors that were in Cutlass' email, because I think
in the end it will make for more implementation problems than otherwise.
I've got two other xsl-t people here I have to provide guidance to, in one
way or another, difficult job cause I'm sure I suffer from some incapability
of technical communication unless it is through writing samples of what I
want.:) Transquery using straight vanilla xsl-t 1.0 would be easier to
explain to them I think.
I'm also often working with xsl-t like languages such as PerXML, in the case
of such languages it would be helpful if transquery didn't also need it's
own interpreted element.
Also what if for example someone were working with XSLScript which I do
every now and then, If I have an especially complex xsl-t to xsl-t transform
to write, and I know I'm going to be using saxon. If Transquery uses
xsl:param then XSLScript would still be able to make use of it. I think
these last two points are especially important.