RE: [transquery-discuss] Welcome

From: Bryan Rasmussen (bry@itnisk.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 10:33:57 CET

Regarding level of interest for Transquery, I'm sure the level would be high
among people who like XSL-T, which I've noticed there's a lot of people on
message boards who hate it(personally I think the XSL-T 1.1/2.0 will resolve
a lot of dislike of the language because of built-in nodeset functionality
and xsl:document). However I think a lot of those people won't be really
happy about XML Query either. One of the things that we'd be doing is making
the learning/adoption of XSL-T by the programming community at large a more
attractive proposition. Non-knowledgeable people are still likely to dismiss
XSL-T as only functioning to transform XML to HTML (at least here in
Danmark), this, along with such technologies as schematron, would provide a
good slam to that argument.