[transquery-discuss] Transquery use of Saxon, extensions

From: Bryan Rasmussen (bry@itnisk.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 10:18:34 CET

Most of the Transquery examples I saw on the demo site would have run with
any processor, but I did note there were a couple that used Saxon
extensions. Now Saxon happens to be my favorite processor, xalan and msxml
4.0 running in a tie for second place, but I suppose that if extensions are
used in Transquery implementations they should be exslt, although for the
proof of concept that the demo site is I think it's fine using Saxon.
Any opinions there?
One reason I ask is currently the exsl group are discussing their regex
extension, making it compatible with regex as used in xml schema.
Jeni Tennison posted the following yesterday
" So I think that if we adopt XML Schema regular expressions we have to
decide:

 - do we introduce ^ and $?
 - do we support non-global matches?
 - do we support case-insensitive matches?
 - do we introduce non-capturing matches?

My vote would be not to add anything to XML Schema regular
expressions, to have them always case insensitive and always global."