RE: [transquery-discuss] Transquery use of Saxon, extensions

From: Bryan Rasmussen (bry@itnisk.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 15:05:25 CET

the thing is, if most people are agreed that exslt extensions should be
used, if indeed Transquery comes to rely on extensions(which even if it
doesn't come to rely on it there should be some way of addressing the use of
extensions), then this creates some political implications right. One is
that it puts pressure on the Transquery implementer to also support exslt
extensions, two is that it empowers exslt as the arbiter for extensions,
three, and the one closest to my heart, is it maybe helps put a partial
block against the 'orrible 'orrible xsl:script, if Transquery focuses on
queries made using exslt extensions.
That's my sort of gut feeling about its ramifications at any rate.